Welcome to the second workshop of the free Docker 101 Workshop Meetups!
This is going to be a 5h+ Workshop, so be prepared!
This workshop is an introduction in the world of Docker containers. It provides an overview about what exactly is Docker and how can it benefit both developers looking to build applications quickly and IT team looking to manage the IT environment.
This workshop includes hands-on labs, so all attendants must bring their laptop and have latest version of docker installed. Find more instructions: https://docs.docker.com/engine/installation/
The topics that we are going to cover are:
• What is Docker & what can we use it for.
• Overview about Images and Containers.
• The Dockerfile
• Building your image and starting your first container
• Deploying a development environment in seconds
• What is Docker Swarm
• Overview about Docker Services